Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thankful Thursday


I must admit, when I knew that I had to come to post my thankful list today I was a little less than thrilled. Seems that I have been feeling a bit less thankful the past few days for no apparent reason, really. Kind of feeling overwhelmed by some things on my "to do" list that have been hovering over my head for the past few months. Yeah, procrastination in full effect. But, I finally decided to tackle one of those projects this morning: Operation Organizing Junk Drawer. I have been using that drawer as a catch-all for all things baby and keep using the excuse, "I will get to that later." Ya know, it wasn't half bad after all, so I am actually feeling a little more optimistic that I can work through those other projects with some "pep!" I think I actually have a renewed outlook!
  • I am thankful that I tackled one more project on my ever-growing "to do" list.
  • I am thankful that I actually won a giveaway at Dawn's blog that I entered! Yay me!
  • I am thankful that my little man is healthy and happy. We went to the doctors on Tuesday for a check up and he is now 20lbs and 29 inches long! A far cry from when he was born!
  • I am always thankful for our health and happiness.
  • I am thankful that my husband appreciates me for being a wife, mother and homemaker.

Have a Thankful Thursday!

13 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for having a grateful heart. Congrats on winning a giveaway.

Gina said...

Good for you de-cluttering...I need to so badly. Your baby boy is adorable! So is your blog.

Kristi said...

I tried to tackle a few things on my to do list but they were not as successful as yours! Your precious one is growing, and that is much to be thankful for. Blessings to you!

Melanie said...

I let that 'ole "to do" list get me down so often... I completely hear ya on this one and feel your pain! But, oh, good it does feel once I start to tackle the list! :)

Happy Thanksful Thursday!

Rosheeda said...

Great thankfuls!

Blessings
Rosheeda

maiylah said...

i too have a lot of "to do" list and i must admit they are piling up! it's great that you have tackled yours! congratulations on winning the giveaway, and your little one sounds adorable! :)

thanks for dropping by my Thankful Thursday post in my other blog.

chandy said...

Pretty cool that you won something! You'll have to let us know how the book is...

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Well you and I have been doing the same thing. I have been conquering the "catch all" drawers, as well as my monster scary closets. So, I am with you girl. Sometimes it is hard to be thankful about having to do it.

Danielle said...

Girl, I LOVE your blog, things will get easier for you, just enjoy every moment, they grow up soo quickly!! You seem to have the perfect family!! God bless!

Serendipity said...

Thanks for sharing your thankful heart and congrats on the winning! Have a blessed weekend!

Mr. & Mrs. Fegley said...

What happens when every corner of your house has turned into a 'junk drawer'? I am going to get inspired by your spunk and try and get out from underneath the junk that has accumulated and not found a home yet in the move. Wish me luck!

Tiffanie said...

Organizing the junk drawer is a huge task (at least mine). Way to go!

Just stopping by to say Hi.

Kate said...

What a lovely list....so many things to be thankful for!!! :) Thanks for stopping by my place....so nice to "meet" you!!! :) Hope you have a blessed and wonderful day!