Monday, August 25, 2008

My Apologies

I come to you today to make a public apology. I am embarrassed. Ashamed. Dare I say, even pathetic.

It all started yesterday as I flipped on the TV for some background noise while picking up a bit around the house. I turned on Fox Reality Channel at 9:00am thinking it was a previous episode of American Idol. But the TV guide deceived me. I watched anyway. Then at 10:00 another episode came on. And I watched. At 11:00, yet another. You can see where this is going, right? By the time I knew it, I invested 12 hours into a reality marathon of…dah, dah, daaaahhhh…Temptation Island 2.

Oh, the shame!

I know, I know. I don’t even know if I can bare to look myself in the mirror today. It’s dreadful, simply dreadful! But I didn’t know that shear absurdity of this show would suck me in. I even had plans to go to a friends house to have a cook out and swim. I swear I was going to do something productive with my day. But at 1:00 she called and had to cancel. Secretly I was glad. Is that bad? I mean, at that point, I just couldn’t turn it off. Could I? If I did, I would find out which couples were going to stay together and which were not. Why, I had invested too much of my precious day to do that!

So, I am sorry. I am sorry for supporting that show and keeping it on the air. I am sorry that I killed probably half of my brain cells in one single day. I’m sorry for wasting valuable space in this world yesterday. I sorry for stealing good, clean, refreshing air from those who were living, breathing, productive contributors to society. As I was not. I am sorry. I am sorry. I am sorry.

Buuuutttt, just in case you were wondering: Shannon and John stayed together as I knew early on that they would. Catherine and Emundo wanted to stay together, but after a long talk, they decided that they were better off as friends. Mark and Kelley broke up despite Mark’s desire to work things out. Tommy and Nikkole broke up too, but later I found out that 2 months after the show they got back together. Thought you’d like to know.

2 comments:

Katie said...

LMAO, that was too funny! I swear I lost my teenage years to Beverly Hills 90210.

Melanie said...

Ahh, Tracy... so many times I have done the same thing! Funny post! Loved it!