Saturday, August 2, 2008

Mall Rat

Hubs left us this morning for a business trip to San Diego. Well, let me rephrase that. His business trip is really just a Sunday night dinner meeting and Monday office meetings, but being the lovely wife that I am, I encouraged him to go today so that he can have all day Saturday and Sunday to enjoy in San Diego. I mean, if they are going to foot the bill to fly him out there, savor all the time you can, right? So, while he is basking in the sun and laying on the beach where it is all of about, oh....75 degrees and enjoying the peace and quiet of his own hotel room where he can sprawl out, watch TV and read without being distracted, we will be here where it is 5 bazillion degrees and I don't even know why I attempt to wear makeup since it just runs off my face and I can barely go to get a glass of water because when I turn around Kaiden has found his way to the dog bowl (AGAIN!) then turned around and has discovered practically every wire in the house that he ISN'T supposed to touch and Paco insists on "protecting" the house and keeps barking at the neighborhood kids that are playing outside. Oh, don't worry 'bout us, we will be just fine!

Bitter, party of one, your table is now available. (just kidding, honey, you deserve every second of this little weekend away. Remember...you love me and you couldn't live without me! *wink, wink*)

Anywho, I had a coupon for a FREE pair of undies from Victoria's Secret and a coupon for 30% off at NY&Co. so I figured while Chris was away for the weekend today would be a perfect opportunity for Kaiden and I to get out and go to the mall. Now, if you read my 101 things about me post, you know that I really hate shopping. I mean, really hate shopping. I don't know why, but I don't have the patience to go to stores and rummage around and try things on over and over again. I have a little more tolerance with the small stores where I can make a quick sweep through, but department stores where there are racks and racks of things to look through are a no-go. It isn't long before I get frustrated and leave empty handed. And stores like TJ Maxx, Ross and Marshalls....for-get-it. I like a bargain just as much as the next person and while I totally admire those that can go in there and find a bargain, (my mom is the QUEEN of these types of stores!) they are not for me. The thought of having to hunt through racks and racks of clothing makes me anxious just to think about it. So, I guess those are some reasons why I hardly ever buy myself new clothes, even though I desperately need them!

Where was I...oh, yeah...my shopping trip. I think I picked the "perfect" day to go to the mall. A Saturday, when it's hot out and everyone wants something to do in the A/C, and apparently it's the weekend before school starts....it was so crowded! I never said I was the sharpest tool in the shed, did I?!?!? In the course of the 3 1/2 hours that I was there I only made it to three, yes three, stores and by that time I was pretty wiped out. Shopping with a child gives whole new meaning to shopping. Ugh. People were everywhere, my stroller wouldn't fit through the racks and people wouldn't move so I could go around the racks, Kaiden needed to eat, then he needed his diaper changed, I needed to eat, the elevator was full to the max so I had to wait for the next one...yada, yada, yada. But, I must say, I am pretty happy with the purchases that I made and hubs will be happy that I got everything on sale! That should hold me over for another few months when I will have to brave the stores again to shop for next season...phooey.





5 comments:

Audrey said...

I love San Diego. I was there in December. I'm Audrey from themomblogs.com

Hope you've had a nice weekend with your husband gone.

Tiffanie said...

Shopping with kids is definitely an experience.

Susan said...

Nice outfits & accessories Trixie.
Did you use your cpn from NY&Co for them? I'd like to see the free undies from V.S. come on, don't be shy!
Does Kaidy like shopping??

chandy said...

Ugh...I hate shopping too. If I could by my clothes at a drive-thru window, I totally would.

And next time you should invite yourself along on the business trip!

Katie @ 3 Blondes and a Redhead said...

Is it wrong that I was glad to see your "Bitter, party of one" comment? :) I was thinking to myself "the business part of the trip alone is 'time away' - he gets to go the beach, too???"

You're still a great woman to let him go so early to have that time.