Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Crockpot Tortellini Soup

**Make sure to check out my new real food blog, Keepin' it Real, for more recipes at www.realfood.life


Seriously people, this recipe is a keeper. Super simple and really good. I found this recipe on someones blog and I apologize for not linking back to you, but I can't remember which blog it came from! I believe one of the gals from Thankful Thursday. If this is yours...thanks and Yum-O!
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 3 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
  • 1 large can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
  • 1 can (15 oz) great northern beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1-2 Tbsp dried leaf basil
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 8 oz fresh or dry cheese-filled tortellini, cooked
Combine all ingredients except tortellini in Crock Pot. Mix well. Cover and cook on LOW setting for at least 6 hours. When ready to serve, increase heat to HIGH setting. Add cooked tortellini. Cook 10 minutes longer, until heated through.


I served it with Cheesy Garlic Biscuits.
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups Bisquick
  • 2/3 cups milk
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
Mix Bisquick, milk and cheese until soft dough forms. Beat vigorously for 30 sec. Drop by spoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 min @ 400-425 degrees or until golden brown. Mix margarine and garlic. Brush over warm biscuits before removing from the cookie sheet. Serve warm.








4 comments:

Blessed One said...

Mmmm, this really sounds good! Can't wait to try it.

Joanne said...

Ok, I just picked some fresh zuchinni from my garden this morning. I am going to have to make this one...looks just delicious.

Your family is just beautiful.

-Joanne

Pia said...

looks really yummy!!!

Blessed One said...

Ok, I just had to let you know, I decided to be brave and try this new dish and it was awesome! (And easy too!) Instead of serving with biscuts, I got french bread and made tomato bruschetta. My hubby was quite impressed. Both items were new and both turned out to be delicious (trust me, that doesn't always happen). Thanks for the recipe! Blessings