Seriously people, this recipe is a keeper. Super simple and really good. I found this recipe on someones blog and I apologize for not linking back to you, but I can't remember which blog it came from! I believe one of the gals from Thankful Thursday. If this is yours...thanks and Yum-O!
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 large can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-2 Tbsp dried leaf basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 8 oz fresh or dry cheese-filled tortellini, cooked
Combine all ingredients except tortellini in Crock Pot. Mix well. Cover and cook on LOW setting for at least 6 hours. When ready to serve, increase heat to HIGH setting. Add cooked tortellini. Cook 10 minutes longer, until heated through.
I served it with Cheesy Garlic Biscuits.
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2/3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
Mix Bisquick, milk and cheese until soft dough forms. Beat vigorously for 30 sec. Drop by spoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 min @ 400-425 degrees or until golden brown. Mix margarine and garlic. Brush over warm biscuits before removing from the cookie sheet. Serve warm.