I was searching out there in blogland the other day going from one blog to the next, hitting one from the other and another from the prior and so on. About a half hour later I ended up at this blog….not really sure how the heck I got there, but none-the-less I thought she had a fantastic idea. So, I am going to participate. My new weekly post is now titled “Thankful Thursday.”
Thankful Thursday will consist of a weekly list of about 5-10 things that I am thankful for that week. And, you guessed it, I will post it every Thursday. Boy, you guys are sharp! I thought it was a fantastic way to stay focused on one of the reasons that I even started this blog in the first place…to take each day and remember the memories and enjoy the wonderful life that I am ever so blessed with. It’s so easy to get caught up in the day-to-day “rigamara” and forget that we need to be thankful for both the big and little things that God has given us. I encourage you (even if you don’t have a blog) to write down some things on a daily, weekly or monthly basis that you are thankful for. Look back at it often. Especially on those days that you feel like you have been beaten and bruised and life has gotten the best of you. I know it will inspire you to stay focused on what is really important in our lives.
- I am thankful my husband doesn't have to travel for a living. He has been gone for a business trip the last day and will get back tonight. I can't imagine having to say goodbye to him every week..I miss him!
- I am thankful that we are healthy and happy.
- I am thankful that there is a such thing as caffeine. I love coffee but have never been a daily coffee drinker. I find myself "needing" it a little more often since I became a mom.
- I am thankful that God chose me to be my son’s mother. I can't imagine my life without him.
- I am thankful that summer is about halfway over. I'm pretty sure that I can hang in there for two more months. It's brutal.
- I am thankful that I have a reliable car. I know so many people that have to take their cars to the shop constantly.
- I am thankful that the Internet was invented. It's a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips.
Go check out some of the other contributors to this post...I know you will be inspired!