Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thankful Thursday


I was searching out there in blogland the other day going from one blog to the next, hitting one from the other and another from the prior and so on. About a half hour later I ended up at this blog….not really sure how the heck I got there, but none-the-less I thought she had a fantastic idea. So, I am going to participate. My new weekly post is now titled “Thankful Thursday.”

Thankful Thursday will consist of a weekly list of about 5-10 things that I am thankful for that week. And, you guessed it, I will post it every Thursday. Boy, you guys are sharp! I thought it was a fantastic way to stay focused on one of the reasons that I even started this blog in the first place…to take each day and remember the memories and enjoy the wonderful life that I am ever so blessed with. It’s so easy to get caught up in the day-to-day “rigamara” and forget that we need to be thankful for both the big and little things that God has given us. I encourage you (even if you don’t have a blog) to write down some things on a daily, weekly or monthly basis that you are thankful for. Look back at it often. Especially on those days that you feel like you have been beaten and bruised and life has gotten the best of you. I know it will inspire you to stay focused on what is really important in our lives.

  • I am thankful my husband doesn't have to travel for a living. He has been gone for a business trip the last day and will get back tonight. I can't imagine having to say goodbye to him every week..I miss him!
  • I am thankful that we are healthy and happy.
  • I am thankful that there is a such thing as caffeine. I love coffee but have never been a daily coffee drinker. I find myself "needing" it a little more often since I became a mom.
  • I am thankful that God chose me to be my son’s mother. I can't imagine my life without him.
  • I am thankful that summer is about halfway over. I'm pretty sure that I can hang in there for two more months. It's brutal.
  • I am thankful that I have a reliable car. I know so many people that have to take their cars to the shop constantly.
  • I am thankful that the Internet was invented. It's a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips.

Go check out some of the other contributors to this post...I know you will be inspired!

7 comments:

Kristi said...

Welcome to TT! That is a great list. I didn't drink coffee before motherhood either but now it is a nearly daily event. Blessings!

Renee said...

Welcome to TT! Thank you for sharing your list today. We still have a few more months of summer, but the daily thunderstorms and rain make it more doable :)

Be blessed.

Laurie Ann said...

Welcome to Thankful Thursday! I'm glad you found Iris' blog. You have a wonderful list of things to be thankful for. Thank you for sharing your heart with us, and happy TT!

Peculiar said...

Well, like the others said, welcome to TT!! It was so thoughtful of Iris to think of this meme. It gives you good reason to stop and think of allof the things that God has done. We really have something to be thankful for EVERYDAY!!

Hope your summer ends well although I know it's hot there. Ours is going okay. Not too hot to manage.

Sharon said...

Welcome and what a wonderful list! Your life is so full of blessings, thanks for sharing some with us.

Sharon
http://thereservoir.wordpress.com

Denise said...

Welcome to thankful thursday, so glad you have joined us. Your thankful list was really nice.

Mr. & Mrs. Fegley said...

This is an awesome idea! I think I will have to make this a weekly habit as well. I will even make Darren do it on occasion too!