Friday, July 11, 2008

Read all about it

I went to my book club on Monday night and the leader handed out a list of all the books that we read in 2007. I thought I would pass it along because I am always looking for a good book to read and would rather have a suggestion from someone else rather than going to the library and aimlessly wondering around hoping that the book that I pick up will be good.
The book club that I am in meets the first Monday of every month. Since it is set up by a woman in my church, we read books by Christian authors. Mostly fiction books...occasionally we will read a non-fiction, but we far more prefer fiction. Since 2007 was a busy and crazy year (I'm exhausted just thinking about it!) I didn't get a chance to read all the books, so I will just list the ones that I can attest to.

A Voice In The Wind by Francine Rivers
The Guy I'm Not Dating by Trish Perry
The Ultimate Gift by Renee Gutteridge (this is a movie also, but the book far exceeds the movie)
A Woman's Place by Lynn Austin
True Devotion by Dee Henderson
The Oath by Frank Peretti
Miss Invisible by Laura Jensen Walker

Some other books that I read on my own that are worth reading are:
The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner
After Anne by Roxanne Henke
Eve's Daughters by Lynn Austin (we read this in book club in 2006 and it was great!)
Louder Than Words by Jenny McCarthy
The Vaccine Book by Dr. Sears

The books that I am currently reading are:
Last Light by Terri Blackstock (it is really good so far and I have only just started)
Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs

Happy reading!

1 comment:

chandy said...

Hi there~ I stumbled on to your blog from Katie's and this post caught my attention. I'm in the other lit n' lattes group that meets on Saturday mornings! I saw that you guys read A Voice In The Wind. Didn't you just love it? I think it was one of my all time favorites. Did you read the other two books in the rest of the trilogy? Have you read any other Francine Rivers? She is just awesome!

Anyway, hope you don't mind me stopping by :)