Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Is that what I think it is?

Yesterday I woke up in a pretty good mood for 4:45 in the morning. I went through my morning routine…wandered into the bathroom, peed, wash hands, dry hands. Then I looked up and saw myself in the mirror. I gasped. I rubbed my eyes and looked again. I thought, “Is that…? No. It can’t be.” I leaned in for closer look and there it was. Smack dab between my eyes. Staring back at me. Mocking me, as if to say “Well, good morning sunshine!”

That’s right my friends. A pimple. [Dah, dah, daaaah]

But not just any pimple. No sirree. Not just a little “you won’t even notice I am here” type of blemish. You know when you are talking to someone and they have a big mole or pimple on their face and you really aren’t listening to what they are saying because the whole time you are thinking to yourself, “Whoa. What is that? Don’t stare, don’t stare, don’t stare?” Yeah. It’s like that. Only worse.

Now this is not a new occurrence for me. I have been having problems with my skin for about the past 5 years. Precisely the time that I moved to Arizona. It’s almost like I rode into town and my face just erupted. It hasn’t been the same ever since. Not that they are all this bad, and certainly not always smack dab in the middle of my face, but my skin is never really clear all the way. I really don’t remember having this sort of problem when I was a teenager. Yeah, I mean, here and there I would get a pimple. But I was 13. Those things are supposed to happen when you are 13. It’s called puberty. I am 30 now…so what’s going on? Yeah, yeah hormones, right. Maybe. I think there is something in the water.


Over the past five years I think I have tried just about everything. Dermatologist. Yeah…been there. Organic products…tried em. Proactive…didn’t work. I’ve practically tried every face wash out there. And you know what I hate the worst? Every time I go to try a new product I explain what is going on and how I have a problem with breaking out…yada, yada, yada. They ALL say to me, “Oh, I know what you mean. I have a problem with adult acne too. But with this product it all went away.” Now I know darn right well that she hasn’t had any problems because her skin is flawless. Flaw-less. Ain’t no way.

So, my point. When I was at my mommy get-away weekend I had a custom facial. The esthetician told me to try yet another product line called MD Solutions (no I am not getting paid to do a product review). I did notice a difference for about a week after I had that facial with these products. I have been putting off buying the stuff because of its $40 price tag…just for the face wash. But, I am desperate. Desperate people. I guess I am gonna break down and go get me some just after junior wakes from his nap. The least I can do is try, huh?

Ho hum.

In the meantime, if you see me out in the next couple of days you can stare. Go ahead, I’ve been there. I don’t mind.

1 comment:

Blessed One said...

Girl, I'm laughing with you, not at you! I still get 'em and I'll be 40 in a few of months. They're awful! Yes, I'm in AZ too, but I've had 'em everywhere I've been. I guess they go along with my shiny complexion and I'm done complaining about that 'cause they say it keeps your skin looking young and I guess it's true because NOBODY believes my age when I tell them (though why would I lie about being older)! Good luck with the new stuff. At that price, I really hope it helps you... Blessings! ~ Tracy