Wednesday, January 14, 2009

100th Post: The Things I Have Learned

I made it. My 100th post. And on this most memorable day, according to blogging tradition, (of course I don't know if this is written in stone anywhere, but hey) I am supposed to do a list of 100 little facts about myself. Well, guess what? I already did that. And because of a lack of 100 more random facts about myself, I thought I would do something a little different.

In my *cough* 30 years (about to be *cough* 31 years in a month or so) here on this earth I would like to think that I learned a thing or two about a thing or two. Ya know...life lessons. Things that I can pass along to my children. And my children's children and so on. So, I thought, why the heck not pass them along to all of you as well. I would hate to leave you out. Well then, here it goes. My list of my 51 (because, again, I am an overachiever) "Life Lessons I Have Learned."

  1. Men really are from Mars.
  2. Sleep deprivation is not fun.
  3. It's better to have a few "true" friends then a whole lot of "acquaintances."
  4. Always use spell check.
  5. Hover over public restroom toilets. Then use the paper towel to open the door.
  6. The hardest job in the world is being a Mom.
  7. Brownies with ice cream and fudge make any day better.
  8. Happiness is a choice.
  9. Assume that you have to do things yourself.
  10. It's better to spend the extra money for a really great restaurant then to settle for a mediocre meal.
  11. $100.00 doesn't go as far as it once did.
  12. Silence really is golden.
  13. People google strange things.
  14. Laugh often. Even at yourself.
  15. Don't worry. You're not in control anyway.
  16. Technology will make your life easier. It will also make it a whole lot more complicated.
  17. Simple is better.
  18. Photo radar sucks.
  19. Time flies.
  20. Respect your husband.
  21. Love your kids. But be their parent first, not their friend.
  22. Keep your promises.
  23. Believe in love at first sight.
  24. It feels better to give than to receive.
  25. God will never give you anything that you can't handle.
  26. Take chances.
  27. Splurge. It's sometimes so worth it.
  28. Be on time. Someone is counting on you to be there when you say you will.
  29. If you are admitted to a hospital, check your humility and modesty at the door.
  30. Labor hurts. Don't try and be a "hero." Take the epidural as soon as you can.
  31. Get to know someone before you judge them.
  32. You can't stop bad things from happening. They are a learning experience and an opportunity for you to grow in yourself and in your faith.
  33. There is always someone that has it worse than you.
  34. Acne isn't always just for teenagers.
  35. Marriage is hard work. Work at it everyday.
  36. Take lots of pictures. Someday you'll be really glad that you did.
  37. Everyone has an opinion.
  38. Act like a kid. Life is more fun that way.
  39. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
  40. Take direct flights whenever possible. It's better to get there quicker than cheaper.
  41. You never know when your time is up. Get busy living.
  42. Check your pockets before you do the laundry.
  43. People just want to be heard and appreciated.
  44. Older doesn't always mean wiser.
  45. Sometimes a dirty house can wait. Play with your kids or enjoy a great day outside.
  46. Dogs are the most loyal.
  47. Buy a waffle maker. Homemade waffles taste sooo much better than the frozen ones.
  48. Work hard but remember that your job isn't everything.
  49. Never write anything in an email that you don't want anyone else to see.
  50. Count to 10 before you react.
  51. Cellulite is a fact of life. Deal with it.

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Great post - lots of wisdom learned here. For my 100th post, I did 100 of my favorite Scriptures. For my upcoming 200th post, I'm doing another 100 of my favorite (something). Blessings!

Debra said...

Oh my goodness you have gained a lot of wisdom in those 30 years of yours! I love #21!!!

And a the one about checking your humility at the hospital door...definitely true!

Blessings to you, sweet one. It was good to see you!

mrsbear said...

Congrats on your hundred! Great list. Wonderful observations and practical advice, especially on the epidural. ;) Thanks for commenting today.

liz said...

Congrats on your 100th! I still chuckle over your google post!

Danielle said...

Congrats on your 100th post! I hope you are doing well!! And your right..100.00 dollars DOES NOT last long in the day and age!!LOL God Bless!!

Katie said...

Those are great. I especially like "happiness is a choice"